Email marketing is your gateway to your ideal customers and prospects.
Are you staying in front of your current customers? On a consistent basis? We all want to be in front of our customers.
We also want to reach our ideal prospects. When was the last time you thought about connecting with your ideal prospects in the hope of turning them into your dream customers?
You have decided the best way to accomplish that is through email marketing. Good for you! You have made a great move.
Let’s not put the cart before the horse. Get your website in order first.
Before you create your message, make sure your website is ready for the traffic you’re driving to it.
You need to make sure you have a link from your email newsletter to a landing page.
Why? The point of any email is to get the recipient to take action. Sign up for a class, buy a product, book services, etc. Otherwise, you have completely missed the mark.
The purpose of email marketing is to get the person receiving the newsletter to do something. Something transactional. Create something engaging enough to take action.
Review the list below to see if your site is ready for your next email marketing campaign:
- You have a website that is already mobile-friendly. This is important for the website visitor who is using their mobile device for search. Remember, search engines love responsive websites.
- You already have a website where your products or services are current. No point in sending people there if they can’t find what they are looking for.
- You’ve been wise enough to continue to have your website optimized regularly. The search engines are frequently changing their search algorithms, your site has to keep up so it can be found.
- Your content is current and accurate and your blogging is up to date.
- Your website is well designed. It looks appealing and is easy to navigate. This is more important for the visitor than the search engine.
- Your product photography is professional. We love photos from our mobile device, but keep them on social media.
Once you have checked off the items on this list, it’s time to get real with your email communications.
Staying connected with your customers is very important because they are your evangelists and your best advertising. Connecting with your ideal prospects is obvious – you are consistently needing to fill the pipeline for additional business.
The most direct way to connect with customers is through email marketing. You drop your information directly into the inbox of the people who want to hear from you. What better way to get up close and connected with your customers?
It’s important to consider the importance of your message, when to send your message, and whom to send it to. We have all received emails that we either don’t want to receive, they were sent too often, or the message just didn’t apply. So, do something about it: pay attention to your message delivery, who it’s being sent to, and how often it’s sent.
Email marketing is a great and effective tool to reach your ideal prospects and stay connected to your current customers.